sábado, setembro 16, 2006

Amazing Grace



















Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)

That sav'd a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found,

Was blind, but now I see.


'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,

And grace my fears reliev'd;

How precious did that grace appear,

The hour I first believ'd!


Thro' many dangers, toils and snares,

I have already come;

'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,

And grace will lead me home.


The Lord has promis'd good to me,

His word my hope secures;

He will my shield and portion be,

As long as life endures.


Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,

And mortal life shall cease;

I shall possess, within the veil,

A life of joy and peace.


The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,

The sun forbear to shine;

But God, who call'd me here below,

Will be forever mine.


(Tradução)

Oh! Sublime graça do Senhor,

Um perdido e infeliz salvou;

Eu estava cego e a luz me mostrou,

Da morte me livrou.


Tua graça me ensinou temer,

Meu temor aliviou;

Quão preciosa a mim devia ser,

Na hora em que me salvou.


Batalhas mil eu enfrentei,

Jesus comigo está;

Com Sua graça salvo velejei,

E ao céu me conduzirá.


Deus me prometeu Sua porção,

Sua Palavra veio me ajudar;

Sei que eu tenho a Sua Proteção,

Enquanto a vida durar.


Falhando a carne e o coração,

E a vida mortal ter fim,

Eu receberei meu galardão,

Alegria eterna a mim.


O mundo dissolverá como a neve,

O sol a obscurecer;

A passagem aqui na terra foi breve,

Com Cristo vou viver.


Dez mil anos Contigo habitar,

Com o sol a brilhar;

Não teremos menos dias a Jesus louvar,

Que quando fomos lá morar.

Nenhum comentário: